Tuesday 28 November 2017

28 super mario odyssey - chilling out at the oasis with lakitu

Dear Readers,

Now to take a nice relaxing tour of the desert in the Sand Kingdom!

Desert Gardening: Seed On The Cliff

I found a ledge on the cliff to the southwest. On this ledge was the one seed I was missing! I planted it last time and during this session I harvested the Power Moon.

Fishing In The Oasis

I went to the oasis in the southeast and I was able to capture Lakitu! A Fishin' Lakitu to be exact. In this form I could float over any point of the oasis and go fishing. It was pretty nice and I caught a large Cheep Cheep by shaking the controller.

Mighty Leap From The Palm Tree

One of the palm trees had a Power Moon above it.

Taking Notes: Jump On The Palm

Another one of the palm trees had a note collecting event on it.

Where The Birds Gather

Some birds were flocking around this little mound at the oasis. I stomped it for another Power Moon.

You're Quite A Catch, Captain Toad!

I saw some more fish swimming in the sand to the north of the oasis, so I captured Lakitu again. I cast my lure in the sand and out popped... Captain Toad! That was a surprise!

Wandering Cactus

Further north from the oasis I could capture a cactus! I moved it out of the way and it revealed a shiny spot.

Bird Travelling The Wastes

I captured another bird that was flying around. This one was flying around the purple goop in the east.

Walking The Desert!

Near the purple goop pool I met a Koopa who introduced me to trace-walking. I had to follow arrows on the ground in a circle as close as possible to win a Power Moon. Minimum score was 80 and I scored 88 :)

More Walking In The Desert!

A more advanced version of the same challenge. Minimum was now 90 points and I scored 95 for the prize :)

Island In The Poison Swamp

I took a Jaxi over to the island that had a Power Moon on it.

Jaxi Stunt Driving

I took a Jaxi into a cave in the purple goop to go to a Jaxi purple goop obstacle course. Along the way was a note event for a Power Moon prize.

Jaxi Driver

At the end of the obstacle course was the prize. This place was pretty tough and I fell off quite a bit! I made sure to keep collecting coin rings so I wouldn't lose out after the 10 coin penalties. After so many deaths I ended up better off coin-wise!

I'll take a break here. Will look for more Power Moons and continue sightseeing next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment