Wednesday 6 December 2017

1 streets of rage - seeing what the rage was all about, 103,200 points

Dear Readers,

I finally decided to give Streets Of Rage a chance! This is the special 3DS release of the game.

I've always been very dismissive of these kinds of games unless it was The Simpsons or Turtles In Time or something, mainly because I never thought there was much to them at all. Playing this has been kinda bewildering...

I played through all 8 rounds of the game and got constant game overs. I'm bewildered as to how I can get any good at this game, but there are a good few techniques to practise on future plays. That fight with the two girls just before the final boss for example was almost impossible! I could barely get any hits in! I played through as Axel on default settings.

The game is very cool. The music is fantastic and the scenario itself is straight up no nonsense. I was worried that it was going to be full of itself and I never liked the whole "grown up gaming" pandering thing, though this game seems to pull off having that cool appeal while at the same time working alright as a game that's fun to remember and come back to.

My best score is 103,200, round 3 on Normal. Between game overs and such that's the best I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment