Saturday 16 December 2017

41 super mario odyssey - the east block of new donk city

Dear Readers,

I had a chat with Mayor Pauline, who was very appreciative of my having saved the day on the moon :) She thanked me with a quiz. Oh well! Better than her trying to leave me on the moon I suppose!


I got some answers right about her being bad at fixing machines, that she was captured by an ape, that she likes peppy music, that she's going to eat fried mushrooms tonight, that she's being a fantastic mayor :) I love her murmurs and exclamations :) I had a hat in my hands and she was wanting for a birthday present, but she didn't want that.

How You Doin', Captain Toad?

Captain Toad was at the northernmost point of the kingdom. He gave me a Power Moon he found, without any quiz or demands for birthday presents or anything :P

Surprise Clown!

A man standing at the northwest corner of the kingdom said he wanted a good laugh from a clown, so I went to the shop to buy clown gear to wear for him. He had a good laugh :)

Metro Kingdom Timer Challenge 1

There was a scarecrow by the girder that had a timed tilting platform challenge.

Bird Travelling In The Park

I went to the Mayor Pauline Commemorative Park and caught a shiny bird.

Hidden In The Scrap

I stomped on the robot scrap heap in the park and a Power Moon popped out!

Hanging Between Buildings

On the rooftops of the eastern block, I found a big red button to stomp and some floating platforms appeared for a short time.

Metro Kingdom Regular Cup

I found the Koopa runners on another rooftop in the eastern block. The race took place on a dark rainy night! Why run in such miserable weather?! Anyway, I had to make several attempts at this to familiarise myself with the run. I decided to follow the blue Koopa and saw that he activated the red switch and didn't even drop to the ground. I copied him and ran ahead for the win!

Metro Kingdom Master Cup

The gold Koopa had the same idea! I had to run ahead even faster to get ahead of him. I won with a time of 00:32.73, which put me at 201,357th in the world rankings and 3rd in my friend rankings.

Swinging Scaffolding: Break!

I went down the chimney on the tallest building in the eastern block. I had to hop across moving girders and deal with Hammer Bros. I would've captured them for the whole level, but they can only move by hopping and it makes things tricky! Breaking some stone blocks with hammers got me a Power Moon.

Swinging Scaffolding: Jump!

By the end of this section, the Hammer Bros were even on the moving girders! Not a safe place for them at all and I really didn't want to capture them at this stage! Beyond this was the end of the level though.

One Man's Trash...

I went back to the ground and entered one of the buildings of the eastern block. Lots of poles to climb and Bullet Bills here. I captured the first one I saw and took it to an isolated platform with a dumpster on it.

Bullet Billding

I climbed more poles to the end of this section. Nice name :)

Moon Shards Under Siege

Outside that building was a taxi I was able to capture and drive away to an area with moon pieces to collect and tanks to destroy. I followed it through to the end and collected them all.

Sharpshooting Under Siege

At the highest point in this section with the final moon piece, there's a bridge of invisible blocks to an empty looking platform. However, there were breakable blocks way up high in the buildings. I shot these and a Power Moon came my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment