Monday 11 December 2017

36 super mario odyssey - the restored lochlady dress display and thinking once again about this game's lousy ending

Dear Readers,

I decided to bank my Power Moons and head off to the Lake Kingdom. I now have 371 Power Moons :)

I activated the Moon Rock and took a picture of the hint art nearby, which shows something I missed in the Cascade Kingdom.

Found With Lake Kingdom Art

The hint art had a kind of spot the difference puzzle. I went back to the Cascade Kingdom and stomped on the spot that had the discrepancy a couple of times.

Waves Of Poison: Hoppin' Over

I returned to the Lake Kingdom and went down the chimney near the Odyssey. I went into an area with waves of purple goop passing over narrow platforms. There were frogs to capture here but I still died quite a lot here. I pulled the camera into an overhead view to help with landings. I eventually made it to the end thankfully.

Waves Of Poison: Hop To It!

That wasn't the end of it entirely however. There was a key a few platforms over, so I had to hop a few more times before leaving this area for good.

On The Lakeshore

There was a shiny spot to stomp on the sand near the Odyssey.

Love By The Lake

I went up the stairs, captured a Goomba, then returned to the female Goomba behind the Odyssey.

Lake Kingdom Regular Cup

The Koopa freerunners were at the beginning as well. The regular race wasn't tough to beat because I used the diving hat bounce trick to get up on the wall, whereas they all took the long way round.

Lake Kingdom Master Cup

It looks like they take the long way round for the Master Cup as well! Using the same strategy I was able to beat them easily. My time was 01:07:09. This put me at 118,139 on the world rankings and second on my friend rankings.

Bird Travelling Over The Lake

I threw Cappy at a shiny bird that was flying around the beginning of the area.

Lake Fishing

Lakitu was at the top of the steps fishing. I captured him and fished out a big Cheep Cheep.

Secret Path To Mount Volbono!

There was a painting in this little fishing hole and I used it to travel to the Luncheon Kingdom. It was way up high and away from the main play area. I don't think I brought peace to this place yet... I'll be back again soon! It's nice to get to scope out views like this :)

Behind The Floodgate

Just behind the floodgate that's accessed from above by unzipping.

Lake Kingdom Timer Challenge 1

There was a scarecrow on an island in the middle of the lake. The challenge was to dive down quick enough, though that big dino thing's nose got in my way!

High-Flying Leap

A Power Moon was just floating near a wall above the water. I used a flower spring to reach it.

I Met A Lake Cheep Cheep!

The lady on the ring-shaped island wanted to see a Cheep Cheep up close, so I captured one and jumped into the hole, which had a glass bottom. She was very happy :)

Moon Shards In The Lake

I collected the 5 moon shards scattered deep in the lake. For some reason I wasn't able to collect the one on the little castle before but I was able to now.

A Successful Repair Job

I went into the little castle and there was a sad lady inside who wanted to put a monument back together, but couldn't. I had to capture the piece out of place and roll it around so it would slot back into place perfectly. Not sure how I did it but I rolled it around in circles a few times before getting it to fit.

Shopping In Lake Lamode

I bought a Power Moon at the Water Plaza shop. Also bought swimming gear as I was here. The flippers make a nice airy sound when walking :)

I Feel Underdressed

I used the water gear to get access to the room with the Lochlady Dress. It had a shiny head. Regarding all the danger I went through to rescue Princess Peach, the lady outside the display said "Love really is the greatest inspiration...", which just reinforces how lousy the ending for this game is. I'm ranting again but how come Cappy and Tiara were the only ones who got to dance around for joy? I wanted Peach to grab and swing me around like that. That would've been fun with the moon's gravity! None of Mario and Bowser's silly marriage proposals and getting rejected nonsense.

Rooftop Of The Water Plaza

I swam to the top of the Water Plaza and through the tube to the platforms above. On one of the pillars was a shiny spot.

Deep, Deep Down

I captured a Cheep Cheep and swam through one of the roof entrances to the Water Plaza before dropping down into the really deep pool and going all the way down. Cappy praised my thinking!

Let's Go Swimming, Captain Toad!

Captain Toad was down here as well with a tent pitched and all! It was in a little bowl like the one encapsulating the Water Plaza. He's right! It's extremely quiet down here! I love how he ends up in seemingly unreachable areas, especially considering he didn't have much mobility in his own game! I guess he can use the pipe to get back to the Water Plaza.

Jump, Grab, And Climb Some More

I went back to the area with all the ledges and Fuzzies. Instead of dropping through the coin rings straight away, I stood on top of the moving yellow slab and reached a treasure chest I missed when I was here before.

Peach In The Lake Kingdom

I met Princess Peach where I fought the Broodals. She was wearing a bikini and a towel dress thing. Very pretty :) the wedding dress can stay in its Water Plaza display!

Lake Kingdom Timer Challenge 2

There was a scarecrow challenge up here too. Just had to do a few high jumps to reach it.

I went back to the Odyssey to bank my Power Moons. Total of 395 now.

That Trendy "Pirate" Look

I bought some pirate gear and spoke with the middle Style Sister. After this I banked my 396th Power Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment