Tuesday 5 December 2017

32 super mario odyssey - dinosaur terror in the deep woods!

Dear Readers,

I was stumped on the last few Power Moons for the Sand Kingdom, so I decided on a change of scene to the Wooded Kingdom. I also unlocked more costumes and dressed up as Diddy Kong!

I love Diddy Kong's character design :) when I dress up as him and run around, the footstep sounds are barefoot ones.

I spent so long in the Sand Kingdom that taking off in the Odyssey felt like a big event! It's almost like I was living there for a while. Back in the Wooded Kingdom, there was another Moon Rock waiting for me.

The Diddy Kong costume was a great choice in this place with all its trees :) It doesn't give me any special abilities but this place just suits the costume well! It does remind me a bit of Donkey Kong Country!

Rolling Rock In The Woods

Near one of the Snow Kingdom natives I started kicking around a random rock that started glowing. Lucky find!

Shopping In Steam Gardens

Bought a Power Moon in the Shop.

Found With Wooded Kingdom Art

I took a picture of an art clue. It had a red Koopa Troopa in a sombrero and some arrows pointing north to a couple of grass tufts where X marked the spot. I went to the Sand Kingdom, to the trace walking Koopa, headed north and checked all the tufts of grass along the way. Eventually I got to the furthest, most northern point and there was the treasure! Woo! After this I went back to Bowser's Kingdom.

Found With Sand Kingdom Art

I warped to the shop in Bowser's Kingdom and stomped the third stepping stone from the checkpoint flag, which was also the sixth stepping stone from the shop. This was in the art clue I found in the Sand Kingdom :)

Peach In Bowser's Kingdom

Princess Peach was here at the shop too! She was saying how it was her first time coming here on her own two feet. She was dressed in a lovely traditional Japanese festival dress.

After this I headed back to the Wooded Kingdom.

Atop The Tall Tree

I jumped up the waterfall and climbed up to this plateau. I captured one of those stretchy onion things (Uproots) and climbed up a tree this way and broke a nut with this Power Moon inside.

Beneath The Roots Of The Moving Tree

Goodness me the Deep Woods are unsettling! There's this weird humming and rumbling all around. You just expect something to jump out at you! Anyway I found this Power Moon by capturing a tree.

I found out what the rumbling was. There's a dinosaur down here and it was awake! It chases but I'm able to capture it when it runs into a tree or something. Still quite unsettling :)

High Up In The Cave

The cave with the backward somersault tutorial had this Power Moon up high.

Below Breakdown Road

I went through a chimney pipe to an area where Bullet Bills were breaking up platform blocks I was trying to cross to grab a key. After grabbing the key I came face to face with a Banzai Bill that was shooting in the opposite direction. I dropped down and grabbed the Banzai Bill below, rode it back to the start and broke through the suspicious square pattern of crumbled blocks to get this Power Moon.

Down And Back Breakdown Road

The key unlocked this Power Moon at the start of the area.

The Nut 'Round The Corner

I captured an Uproot near the pool and climbed around the corner to find another Power Moon bearing nut.

Past The Peculiar Pipes

I went back to the Deep Woods. I found a pipe that lead to two pipes. I had to choose the right ones or it would reset. I sussed it out and chose the right pipe, then the leftmost pipe, then the top left pipe to get the reward.

Deep Woods Treasure Trap

I found another pipe in the Deep Woods in a tree. There were three chests inside. I opened the middle, then left, then right to get the Power Moon. Not sure if there was a wrong way to do this...

Glowing In The Deep Woods

Found a scarecrow down here with a timed challenge. It is within viewing range of the scarecrow so I was able to suss it out quickly after a couple of tries.

The Hard Rock In The Deep Woods

I got the dinosaur to chase me and break some hard rocks to reveal a Power Moon. This was near the bottom.

The dinosaur chase is pretty scary! I'll have to come BACK dressed as an explorer too. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment