Friday 22 December 2017

47 super mario odyssey - taking the cheep cheep way on the underwater highway

Dear Readers,

Some underwater excavation of Power Moons in the Seaside Kingdom this time. There's so much to see and find underwater!


Sea Gardening: Hot-Spring Seed

I harvested the seed I planted last time.

Rapid Ascent On Hot Spring Island

I gushed above the hot spring and collected the floating Power Moon up there.

A Fine Detail On The Glass

On one of the corners of the glass supporters there was another Power Moon. I had to drop down from above.

Glass Palace Treasure Chest

I captured a Cheep Cheep and swam under the Glass Palace area in the nearby pool to find a chest in a little cave.

The Sphynx's Underwater Vault

I went down a trench to the north of the Glass Palace and met the Sphynx. He wouldn't talk to me as a Cheep Cheep so I had to risk drowning and answer his riddles as Mario. He opened the way to a treasure chest when I got it right.

Ocean Quiz: Good!

I pestered the Sphynx for more questions and answered them right for another prize :)

The Tall Rock Shelf In The Deep Ocean

There was a shiny rock on one of the colourful shelves down here.

Gap In The Ocean Trench

There was also a big hole in the northern wall down here with a hidden tunnel inside.

I found the last seed of this area down here too :)

Underwater Highway Tunnel

In a tunnel to the west of the lighthouse, I found a block filled hole on the floor and broke through.

Underwater Highway West: Explore!

Found another Power Moon just floating there when I exited through the north end of that particular tunnel.

The Spinning Maze: Search!

I went down the chimney near the lighthouse island and had to navigate a maze filled with Spinies to collect 5 moon pieces.

The Spinning Maze: Open!

The spinner next to the two moving platforms had a very sneaky hole with a trail of coins that lead down to a treasure chest.

At The Base Of The Lighthouse

In the shallows of the north part of the lighthouse island, there was a rumbly spot between the rock shelves.

Under A Dangerous Ceiling

To the northeast of the Glass Palace there's a precarious space under an overhang with a shiny spot on the floor.

Shh! It's A Shortcut!

Near the Ocean Trench East marker there's a tiny passage filled with coins and even a Power Moon!

Slip Through The Nesting Spot

Further east from this checkpoint I found a cave with a nasty bitey eel. When it retracted into its cave I took the chance to inspect it and found a little branching tunnel.

Underwater Highway East: Explore!

To the east of the hot spring island I found another Power Moon in the seaweed.

Seaside Kingdom Timer Challenge 1

I found a very tiny trench to the south of the hot spring island. It felt like a very nice find! It had a standout big red button at the bottom that I had to stomp. Then I had to make my way through a 2D section to jump up the temporary platforms.

Aim! Poke!

Further south was another chimney. This took me to an area with a Pokio bird, rolling bombs to snooker at blocks and those really annoying Koosh ball enemies. They're even more annoying here with all the bombs to avoid as well. I eventually snookered out some blocks to open up a caged Power Moon.

Poke! Roll!

Still in this area there was a shiny block near the beginning. I had to snooker a bomb to roll along the edge of the slope and into it. I managed this by aiming from the middle of the area. This part was fun at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment