Friday 8 December 2017

34 super mario odyssey - exploring the secret flower field for power moons

Dear Readers,

Still exploring in the Wooded Kingdom, this time around the secret flower field area.

I got a seed from here and planted it on the Observation Deck. The beanstalk took me to coin heaven! It played its own version of the bonus stage theme from Super Mario World which was a nice treat! I fell off a few times and each time I had to get another seed. Pretty inconvenient and unlike most of the other beanstalks in the game.

Above The Clouds

Along the way I stretched with an Uproot to grab this Power Moon floating high.

Walking On Clouds

This Power Moon was at the end of this fun little bonus round.

Jammin' In The Wooded Kingdom

The headphone Toad I met at the waterfall wanted to hear a theme he described as "Sky-high coins aplenty" and the new theme I just heard, which was called "Above The Clouds" in the list, was just what he was looking for!

Hot, Hot, Hot From The Campfire

I went upstream from here and managed to capture a Fire Bro! Then I remembered someone near the Talkatoo wanted a campfire lit, so I went over to them and lit their fire. Up until now I thought I had to use that fast flower to light it!

Invisible Road: Hidden Room

Back to the flower field and I went down a chimney to a cave with lots of purple goop and Piranha Plants. The platform was all invisible too so I had to use the purple goop to help see it. Pretty troublesome! Halfway through there was a rotating platform with an entrance to a cave with a chest inside. When it moved I could see its outline in the goop below. Pretty handy graphical detail there :)

Invisible Road: Danger!

Towards the end of the invisible road were bigger Piranha Plants and I had to defeat all of them to unlock the Power Moon.

Make The Secret Flower Field Bloom

I ventured further into the chamber where I fought the boss and the robots were now planting lots of flowers here. I activated the three flower rings and it made the place fill up with even more flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment