Friday 15 December 2017

40 super mario odyssey - better racing than mario kart

Dear Readers,

Not much more to do in the Lost Kingdom for now, so let's head back to the Metro Kingdom and New Donk City :)

Nice moon rock waiting at the beginning for us too.

A Tourist In The Metro Kingdom!

A Desert Wanderer recognised me and gave me a Power Moon! I don't remember him at all though... but I won't complain :P

Mario Signs His Name

In the jump rope park, I captured letters of my name and placed them in the slots in the correct order. A bit easier than spelling out "Banjo-Kazooie" :)

Remotely Captured Car

I captured the guy controlling the RC car and drove it around the barriers to collect the Power Moon.

RC Car Pro!

There was a building nearby that had a much bigger RC car track. I captured the guy controlling the RC car and raced in under 35 seconds for the prize. They played the Mario Circuit theme from Super Mario Kart here which was a nice touch :)

RC Car Champ!

Same challenge but this time I had to finish in under 26 seconds. First attempt I barely missed it but eventually got it! My best time was 00:25.49, which put me at 181,203rd in the world rankings and 4th in my friend rankings.

Inside The Rotating Maze

Near the RC building was a manhole cover I could move to access an area with a maze. In this maze I could rotate some of the barriers and collect moon pieces.

Outside The Rotating Maze

I jumped on top of the glass encasing the maze and ran to the other side, where there was a ledge tucked away at the back.

Bench Friends

Around the corner from the shop, a lonely guy was sitting on a bench. I hopped up on the bench and sat next to him. He thanked me for the company :)

Full-Throttle Scooting!

There was a building in the same block as the shop with a chimney on top. It took me to a place where I had to drive a scooter to race against the P Switch timer and make it past obstacles. It was tricky, especially having to jump as well without banging into the steps! On one narrow path there was a Power Moon at the end of it.

Motor Scooter Daredevil!

At the end of this section was another Power Moon.

Caught Hopping On A Building!

On another rooftop of the same block was a rabbit jumping between roofs! Capturing the springy orange posts helped a lot in catching it.

Jammin' In The Metro Kingdom

A headphone-wearing Toad was in the jump rope park listening to music. He wanted me to play him a theme that was about "Revving a tiny engine". I chose the "RC Car" Mario Circuit theme and got a prize!

Metro Kingdom Timer Challenge 3

There was a scarecrow near the outdoor RC track and I had to go quickly across the girders nearby to complete the timer challenge. There was a moving girder that made it tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment