Saturday 9 December 2017

1 zx81 dungeon maze - 7 mazes inspired by zx81 and dandy dungeon

Dear Readers,

YouTuber Villordsutch played this recently and when I watched his video I immediately had to download and play it myself!

In this game you have to traverse every spot on a dungeon floor like in Dandy Dungeon, but everything is done in the style of the ZX81, a computer that didn't have any graphics, so everything is represented by symbols and letters. It's done really well and doesn't have any ads or energy. It can be played easily in portrait or landscape too. I kinda wish I could invert the black text on white background for play on winter commutes.

Levels get tricky and I was stuck on round 6 for quite a while. Lots of enemies here. I had to plan ahead and get the most out of the shields.

I eventually beat all 7 mazes. I like it a lot! The logical thinking it requires reminds me of Slitherlink.

No comments:

Post a Comment