Tuesday 19 December 2017

44 super mario odyssey - out-scooting the dinosaur

Dear Readers,

I entered the chimney near where I found Mayor Pauline's hat and was transported to a place far away from New Donk City...


Scaling Pitchblack Mountain

This area was really dark and treacherous. There was a ziggurat-like structure here with those guys that like to squash you with a big rock. I had to use them to help me climb the mountain and reach the top.

Reaching Pitchblack Island

From the top of the mountain I could see a shining spot somewhere in the void. I long jumped over to it. I fell into the goop trying to escape. Wasn't sure how to make those invisible blocks reveal so I fell through them. Wasn't curious enough to go back to them.

Big Jump: Escape!

I went through the door in the triangle-shaped building and entered an area where I had to use the scooter to escape a dinosaur! It was a fixed camera view like the truck chasing sequence in Sonic Adventure 2. I used the yellow road guidelines to help find goodies and eventually got the chance to grab a Power Moon along the way.

Motor Scooter: Escape!

At the end of this section the dinosaur fell down a big hole and I grabbed the Power Moon :)

Taking Notes: In The Private Room

I went in the door on the east side of the block with the shop where there was a note gathering event involving 2D and 3D.

Shopping In New Donk City

I bought a Power Moon in the New Donk City shop. While I was here I bought a builder's outfit and helmet. Had to for the next area. Wouldn't like to be one in real life though!

Rewiring The Neighbourhood

The building to the west of City Hall had a guy wearing a helmet guarding it. He approved me for entry when I showed him my builder's outfit. I went into an area that was above the clouds and it had lots of power lines and Fuzzies. I navigated my way to a network of wires with moon pieces to collect and towards the end of this section.

Off The Beaten Wire

Still in this section, I was able to jump off the power line when it ran over the big building and found a shiny wooden crate up there. After I left this area I dressed up as Diddy Kong again :)

Left At The Café?

On top of this building was a café. The centre of it rumbled. I wonder why this Power Moon's label has a question mark?

How Do They Take Out The Trash?

Near the helipad there was a really tall girder that had a dumpster on top of it. I long jumped to it from the City Hall building.

Secret Path To Lake Lamode!

To my surprise there was a painting right next to the Odyssey! It took me to the Lake Kingdom.

I took part in the festival again :) Great moment to relive! Also, I found that Mario goes into a bubble when you veer too far from Mayor Pauline when you reach her! I don't remember going into a bubble at any other point in the game!

I decided to bank my Power Moons and try a different area. I now have 487 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment