Wednesday 13 December 2017

38 super mario odyssey - stretching around the lost kingdom

Dear Readers,

I decided to return to the Lost Kingdom to find more Power Moons and activate the moon rock. I stayed in pirate gear, which makes me look the part of a lost island explorer!

The Shining Fruit

Nice shiny yellow fruit on one of the trees at the beginning :)

Aglow In The Jungle

I went down the chimney near the Odyssey and captured the Tropical Wiggler. I baited the Piranha Plant into lighting the torches.

Stretch And Traverse The Jungle

I made my way to the end of this section. Some timed goopy obstacles but I stretched through them just in time.

Get Some Rest, Captain Toad

While collecting moon pieces on the stumps, I met Captain Toad when I stretched into a hole in the wall! He had a nice cosy camp set up here and all.

Moon Shards In The Jungle

I stretched across stumps to collect moon pieces for this reward.

Avoiding Fuzzies Inside The Wall

Around the corner was a 2D section inside a hat door. Had to avoid these Fuzzies that were dropping in and out of 2D.

Over The Fuzzies, Above The Swamp

The 3D portion of this area nicely mirrors the 2D one. Had to stretch around to avoid the 3D Fuzzies this time.

Peeking Out From Under The Bridge

I went back to the bridge and stretched under it from the root of a nearby tree.

Twist 'n' Turn-Up Treasure

I went back to the start and fell down to a ledge at the corner of the island. I stretched across the goop to grab the key here.

Lost Kingdom Regular Cup

I had to practise this one a few times as I didn't know my way around this place comfortably. On one of my failed attempts, I used a big shortcut by jumping up the tree with the cage, but stalled too much with the hat grabbers and barely lost 1st place! Argh! After several more attempts where I just bumped into the tree and down into the goop, I eventually made 1st place.

Lost Kingdom Master Cup

Thankfully this only took one attempt. I'm not sure what strategy the golden Koopa took but I still did my usual one and it worked. I got a time of 00:54.60, putting me at 96,426th in the world rankings and 3rd in my friend rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment