Sunday 7 January 2018

63 super mario odyssey - rolling peppers and shish kebabs, 626 power moons collected!

Dear Readers,

Now it was time to explore the mostly lava filled northeastern area of Luncheon Kingdom.


Taking Notes: Swimming In Magma

In the middle of the lake was a note collecting event. It lead all the way to the isolated island in the northeast.

All The Cracks Are Fixed

A Volbonan was on the island and wanted to flatten out the cracked mounds. They weren't able to though because of all the giant peppers popping out of the hole at the top of the island. I helped out with this.

Beneath The Rolling Vegetables

I couldn't investigate the hole that was spewing the giant peppers but there was a 2D warp pipe nearby. Very strange to see the peppers rolling on my 2D face without getting hurt! Some troublesome Hammer Bros and Lava Bubbles were here to deal with though.

Secret Path To Peach's Castle!

Round the back of the island was a warp painting to the Mushroom Kingdom! I emerged on a lookout island which happened to be Yoshi's House. He had a message there saying he had gone to Peach's Castle. The Power Star was on top of his chimney and yes it's possible to fall down into the fire and get hurt!

Taking Notes: Spinning Athletics

I went back to the Luncheon Kingdom and swam west to a small island with a scarecrow on it. I went through the door to an area with lots of round rotating obstacles. There was a note collecting event along the way that involved me having to hang off the edge of a rotating platform.

Spinning Athletics End Goal

The rest of this area was awkward enough! The obstacles were round and spun around like on a shish kebab! I died here quite a few times and made some accidental cartwheel jumps and ground pounds into oblivion. I eventually reached the end though! Cappy would've been handy here but he was stuck on the scarecrow outside.

After this I decided to bank my Power Moons before moving to the next area. I now have 626!

No comments:

Post a Comment