Monday 8 January 2018

64 super mario odyssey - return to the dark souls kingdom, 634 power moons banked!

Dear Readers,

I returned to the Ruined Kingdom, the very Dark Souls-like kingdom.

I hit the moon rock and went down the chimney that sprung up near the Odyssey.

Charging Through An Army

This section had a Chargin' Chuck and lots of baddies to plow through. It was fun and a good place to earn coins without much effort :) At the end was a cage to break open.

The Mummy Army's Curse

Some mummies spawned back at the start and one of them was glowing.

Upon The Broken Arch

Towards the end of the first platform of the main area, I found a glowing spot on top of the broken arch.

Peach In The Ruined Kingdom

I met Princess Peach on the upper platform where I fought the dragon. Very brave of her but she does have Tiara with her too for company. She was wearing very bright and cheerful clothes considering how dreary this area is!

Caught On A Big Horn

I had a chat with the dragon too. It was too tired to do anything but murmur :) One of its horns was glowing.

Rolling Rock On The Battlefield

There was a glowing soccer ball rock in this area too. I had to throw and kick it around for ages in order for it to break open!

Roulette Tower: Stopped

I took the rocket to an area with a big 2D section wrapped around a tower. Here I had to press P Switches to stop the 2D platforms in a certain spot that would allow me to progress and there was also a reset switch that helped. At one point I turned left to find a hidden area. I could only access it by kicking a Koopa shell over to clear out some blocks. I even had to stop the platforms at their lowest point.

Roulette Tower: Climbed

I continued on through the normal path, stopping platforms to make stepping stones until I got to the top. It was lots of fun :)

That's it for this kingdom! I banked my Power Moons and left for the next kingdom. I now have 634!

No comments:

Post a Comment