Monday 1 January 2018

57 super mario odyssey - brought peace to all kingdoms as part of my new year's resolution

Dear Readers,

Happy New Year! I returned to the Luncheon Kingdom, where I had unfinished story business.

I went to the clothes shop and bought some chef gear, as it was a little warm to be running around dressed like one of the Ice Climbers. I then went to the checkpoint in the west before venturing on through a 2D section.

Alcove Behind The Pillars Of Magma

I then went through the cave marked by the beacon. I captured a Lava Bubble and climbed a magma hill before finding a secret cave on the other side of the hill on the way down.

Climb Up The Cascading Magma

At the end of this path were four torches and one was unlit. I jumped into it as the Lava Bubble. I hadn't seen that story Power Moon celebration in ages! It was nice to see again :) After this, the way opened up forward.

Light The Far-Off Lanterns

Just outside the cave were another two unlit torches. I just had to lure the Piranha Plant nearby to light them up by lining up and looking at it.

After this I had to step stone across the magma lake to the start of the climb up to the peak. There was a handy 6 heart around the corner from the checkpoint :)

I took a shortcut on the way up and Cappy praised my jumping abilities :) That was a nice surprise!

Cookatiel Showdown!

It took me a while but I finally returned to fight the Cookatiel and bring peace to this kingdom! This time I was a Lava Bubble and had to climb up what the bird was puking so I could jump on its head. The pattern of puke got weirder and more platformy as I kept stomping. I defeated it and finally brought peace :)

After this I hit the moon rock and spawned more Power Moons to collect next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment