Wednesday 24 January 2018

80 super mario odyssey - rango defeated! broodal boss rush complete! or is it?

Dear Readers,

I learned that Topper can be stomped when he drops his hat stack to spin around! This helps save a lot of time and hassle! Bit risky though if I stomp too late and he gets back up.

So here's what I've sussed so far to make things quicker during the different battles:

Topper: The correct hat is known by the murmuring, rattle, rumble and size. Hit twice to shorten the pattern. Also, stomp on his back when he drops his hat stack.

Hariet: Hit the smaller bombs back at her to knock her hat off. Also, hit the first bomb while she's in maniacal laugh saucer mode to shorten the pattern.

Spewart: Hit his hat off before he can spew and stomp ASAP.

After all that sussing and putting it into practice, I was able to reach Rango very quickly and with a bit of a foundation of 2 hearts! His pattern wasn't tough, just keeping him away when he has his razor blade hat thing going on. His head gets exposed easily. I finally defeated him this round too! :) Woo!

In the next hallway there was a heart pickup thankfully, though it was only one. However, who did I meet beyond the wall next to the pipe only... Captain Toad!

Captain Toad On The Dark Side!

The Power Moon he gave me replenished my health completely! Woo! Also, he was standing on thin air for some reason. Ah well.

I took the pipe to the very summit of this carrot-shaped tower to find the Broodals were back again! And they had the big mech suit thing like the one they had in Bowser's Kingdom! This time I had no Pokios, only Hammer Bros. I could throw hammers to smash up the legs and then smash up the Broodals. I managed two of them before I died.

I found myself back at the very start of the boss rush again. I decided to turn in for the night at that stage and continue later. Whew... I hope Captain Toad can still give me a blank Power Moon. It'll still replenish my health if he can give it to me! Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment