Friday 9 February 2018

3 dragon quest builders: demo part 3 - building a kitchen and some pots (instead of breaking them)

Dear Readers,

Pippa was working in the workshop and got hungry. She wanted to have lots of different kinds of food available, so she gave me blueprints for a kitchen!

I decided to build the kitchen between the workshop and the house. It was basically the same as a workshop but with a different kind of fire and no mason workstation. I had to find lots more earth blocks. My cypress stick broke so I made an oaken club. When I finished the kitchen, Pippa got to cooking. I could hear delicious sizzling noises coming from there :)

Rollo then wanted me to cook mushrooms for him. Also, I started starving, which makes me lose HP gradually. I gathered some plumberries. I made another straw mattress and slept for the night.

The next day I went to the large body of water nearby and found some of those orange mushrooms that Rollo wanted on the shore. Or as they're known in this game, marshrooms :) I cooked them in the new kitchen and Rollo enthusiastically snarfed them with delight. He considered renaming me "Cooker" instead of "Builder" lol.

Rollo wouldn't show me his book, but promised to share its knowledge with me. When the time calls for it I suppose. He also gave back one of the shrooms-on-a-stick that I made for him too :) he also asked me to build some decorative stuff to get the base up to level 2. This included new things to build like pots!

Imagine! A Dragon Quest game where you make pots instead of breaking them and they even give you experience points! That's pretty funny :) Anyway I made some pots and placed them in the kitchen and workshop to upgrade the base to level 2. The level up chime played and I went to sleep for the night. By the way, the good night theme is the same from the earlier games too.

So in this game, I don't level up at all. It's only the base that levels up since I'm the legendary builder. I do get seeds of life and stronger equipment though.

No comments:

Post a Comment