Sunday 4 February 2018

88 super mario odyssey - darker side complete! long journey's end... shut up, cappy!

Dear Readers,

Well, I got past the Pokio part! After that I had to face 2D Donkey Kong. At this point, both of my Joy-Cons were complaining about low battery.

The 2D section was on the floor so I sussed it out before going into the pipe. Good to relax after all that stress up until now!

Speaking of which, the Koosh ball enemies are respawning evil but I didn't have that much trouble with them. I shifted the camera to overhead and was extra careful not to set off the lasers.

With the 2D Donkey Kong section it goes in a circle and that made it trickier when I had to pause, because that meant the control for movement shifted as I went round the circle. Very nerve-racking!

After this was a section where I was controlling a captured-Bowser. I had to slash through lots of bricks and I didn't find one heart at all. During one part I had to slash left and right to make a path and to break up rocks that were rolling towards me. Pretty tough!

Back to Mario then. I jumped into a Pylon and zipped along a line that spelled out "THANK YOU". The scarecrow afterwards showed a nice zoom out of the whole thing lit up. Personally I miss the days of "YOU ARE A SUPER PLAYER!!"

After this I came out the pipe at the other side of the canyon at the very beginning of this level. I couldn't hear Mayor Pauline singing from here. I checked round the tall building and found a very tall stack of coins that maxed me out at 9,999. I had over 9,000 anyway.

I captured a frog and hopped up the building. Cappy then got reflective of our whole journey. It was nice of him but when he got like "sure we got shot down and stuff along the way... but think of all the HATS!". I was like "Shut up, Cappy!". "Yappy" more like. But it was nice of him for thanking me for carrying him on my head.

I climbed up the pole at the top, a little lullaby played until I got to the Triple Moon at the very tip top. After this I got the invisibility hat. All that could be seen of me was my shadow, which doesn't really make sense but never mind... All my supporters couldn't see me so they were like "???". All except for Mayor Pauline, who had my Mario hat on her head. I guess the M can be for Mayor :)

I banked my three Power Moons too. I now have 706 total! Next time I'm going to the Mushroom Kingdom and cash in my achievements with Toadette

No comments:

Post a Comment