Saturday 17 February 2018

9 monster hunter stories - the forbidden land and the end of the very long demo!

Dear Readers,

Dan went to investigate some of the Black Blight. I wasn't allowed to because it was in the Forbidden Land. However, my character wanted to prove himself to be a true Rider by going to solve the problem before Dan because maybe then Riders would be allowed to go adventuring further.

I hatched my very own Yian Kut-Ku! I used it as a mount instead of the Velocidrome. It could run fast and it could use a sonar for finding enemies. This also uses Aptonoth's sonar to find plants so that's handy. I activated the Catavan Stand and headed deeper into the Forest until I reached the Forbidden Land.

The Forbidden Land was all evil and purple and wavy. There was also that huge crystal thing that I saw Cheval walk past in an earlier cutscene. All of a sudden, the Nargacuga came back! Navirou and I put on our best Saturday morning cartoon hero poses and... the demo ended there!

Wow that was a looooooong demo. I'm not sure about this one. When I closed the game, my 3DS had to reboot itself afterwards. This, along with the frame rate and loading times makes me think this game is more suited for the New 3DS. It's still very playable on the older models though.

Graphics are gorgeous, font is fantastic, music is exciting, story and characters are appealing and pleasant...

The rock-paper-scissors battle system gamble thing can be fun and exciting if you're into that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment