Tuesday 13 February 2018

5 monster hunter stories - trying out my new aptonoth and fighting the glutton arzuros

Dear Readers,

Dan gave me a quest to make 5 potions through combining Herbs and Blue Mushrooms. I had more than enough of the former, but only enough of the latter to make 3 potions. I went out to gather more.

My new Aptonoth has an ability to find and identify plants on the map with some weird sonar thing. That's pretty cool! :) Also very handy for this quest!

I got into a fight with another Aptonoth and there was some kind of Power Clash mechanic where I had to rapidly tap A. It wasn't a bad fight at all though I'm not sure I like there being a random quick time event.

Actually, I wasn't able to detect mushrooms with this sonar thing at all, but I did find a few blue ones.

I also got my butt kicked by two Velocidromes :(

I eventually got the 5 potions made and went back to the village.

Chief Omna gave me another quest and that was to confront an Arzuros in Whistill Forest. He also told me how Riders weren't allowed to leave the village if we couldn't see the area from there. After sleeping on it, I set out on the quest.

I met Lilia outside the village. She and Navirou talked about people outside and beyond the village called Hunters. I guess they must be talking about characters from the main MonHun series :) That's interesting. So I guess the Riders community must be an isolated one from the rest of the world.

We went through the forest and faced The Glutton Arzuros. It was like a multi-coloured bear thing. I used Aptonoth's Observe ability and learned that it tended towards power, was strong to water and was weak to fire and lightning.

It was a long boss battle but manageable! I used Velocidrome as it was speedy and I got some good combo and kinship hits against it. I had to heal a couple of times but I wasn't in too much peril. When we won we all levelled up, even Aptonoth, who got lots of experience points.

In the boss' place were some weird plants with purple stuff emanating from them. A Mysterious Woman appeared and told us to stay away from them and that she was investigating this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment