Wednesday 21 March 2018

1 kirby star allies - trying out the grasslands demo

Dear Readers,

I wanted to get around to trying this demo sooner but I was really hooked on Radiant Historia's demo :) now to give this new Kirby a chance!

There were two stages on offer, the "Easy" Grasslands stage and the "Hard" Cave & Castle Stage. I started with the Grasslands.

It started with the regular Kirby signpost-style tutorials and the Green Greens music until the Friend Hearts thing came up. I made friends with a Poppy Bros. Jr. first and soon made more friends. I learned about combining abilities by holding UP. It'll take a bit of getting used to with the cinematics and everything but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It's no secret that this game isn't 60fps, though the menus look like they are. It's a strange mixture.

I made friends with a Parasol Waddle Dee and he helped with the Whispy Woods battle, protecting me from apples while I wailed on the boss.

The collectibles this time are jigsaw pieces like in the StreetPass jigsaw thing, both regular and rare and they appear to be random? I'll have to learn more about this.

Now to try the harder sample stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment