Thursday 22 March 2018

2 kirby star allies - boss fights with friends are like a smash bros. cartoon dust cloud

Dear Readers,

I tried the "Hard" demo stage this time.

I made friends with Driblee and did something funny where I held UP. Driblee combined its water powers with Sir Kibble's weapon but I continued holding and Burning Leo then combined his fire powers with Sir Kibble's weapon instead. I continued to hold and it looked like Driblee and Burning Leo were having an argument over who was going to combine their powers with Sir Kibble's weapon! Looked kinda funny :)

The Curling Stone combination was kinda cool :) I love being kicked at high speed across the screen and it was a lot like Sonic's spin dash in that sense!

We found a bonus area by exploring and finding an extra stump to stomp with the rock. The bonus room had more familiar Kirby music but had some cool isolated guitar riffs :)

The cave eventually opened out to a beach area. I made friends with a Parasol Waddle Dee and he kept water from putting out the fuse that I had Burning Leo light up.

We got to make a Friend Circle, making a big wheel of friends that rolls down the hill and looks amazing in trailers for the game :)

We reached a building and I knew from the music it was King Dedede's Castle. It was sunset in the background. I'm not sure how I feel about the backgrounds because they're kinda blurry but there's some cool detail for example here in the castle pillars and walls. It works and looks lovely here because it's sunset at least.

We reached an area where we faced King Dedede. He was stuffing his face with fruit and had glowing eyes so he was possessed again like Whispy Woods was in the other level. He had a second form too where his arms and uh... chest got all big and bulgy. His chest looked very big alright lol.

As for the boss fight against him it got all zoomed out and crazy here with the three friends. I wasn't able to see Kirby apart from the 1P marker so it pretty much became almost exactly like Super Smash Bros...

So yeah the demo is alright and to a fan like me it's more of a tutorial to this new style of gameplay with the emphasis on combining friend abilities. I'd like to try more of the game solo though. I also would've liked to have tried the Spider ability! I was looking forward to that the most but it wasn't in this demo! What gives! Maybe I can find it somewhere or get it in a double enemy "Mix".

I'm looking forward to playing the full game but it does look like it's not gonna be quite as amazing as the 3DS' Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot... I'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment