Saturday 31 March 2018

31 zelda breath of the wild - solving the secret of the three cedar trees on madorna mountain

Dear Readers,

I decided to check out the three cedar trees overlooking the village on the mountain. Clavia told me about them in the shrine quest "Secret Of The Cedars".

I started climbing the sheer cliff but when I got to a certain point, it got too cold! I didn't have any heat boosting food and my clothes weren't resistant enough to the cold so I glided back to the village.

I went to see Sophie at Ventest Clothing. She didn't have any extra warm clothes besides what I had already so I went back to Kakariko Village. They didn't have anything either except for sneaky stealthy and very expensive gear so I went to the Riverside Stable I found much earlier. They didn't have anything either so I just took some photos.

#001 Horse
#013 White Goat

I found a Korok pinwheel near the stable as well. Wasted tons of arrows trying to pop the balloons for my 8th Korok Seed...

#187 Spicy Pepper

I made some spicy heat boosting food by cooking sunshrooms. I then warped back to the cabin at the plateau to pick up some spicy peppers.

I returned to the cold Madorna Mountain with cold resistance food and climbed up to the middle cedar tree. I stepped on a platform and a ring appeared in the air. I followed it to the west cedar tree and it just floated in the air. I had no idea what to do and I ran out of spicy food so I glided back to the village.

Wow it gets all murky and cloudy up in the mountains. Doesn't look like that from the village though.

I then climbed back up with more food and read over the riddle that Clavia told me.

#023 Cold-Footed Wolf
#118 Ice-Breath Lizalfos

I spotted these two when I heard a wolf whine. I steered clear of them though!

#176 Chillshroom

I figured out the riddle! The three cedar trees make a line that I followed towards the sea. I found a cracked wall to blow up and inside I found Tahno O'ah's Shrine! I went inside and they said I already proved my worth by reaching this place! No puzzles or trials to solve here! I also found some Climbing Boots in the chest, which was nice :) I'm also glad it wasn't cold in here. I ran out of cold resistance food!

As for Clavia, she was disappointed it was a shrine instead of treasure. Oh well, I got something out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment