Monday 26 March 2018

26 zelda breath of the wild - cataloguing stuff in the hyrule compendium

Dear Readers,

I wanted to do more stuff with the camera and fill up the Hyrule Compendium! Symin gave me a free entry, #187 Warm Safflina. The Sunshroom I snapped earlier was entry #177. He offers to sell me entries but I wanna find them all myself!

I took a picture of the torch in the corner. It was #200. The Hearty Truffle Symin gave me was #174. Being able to sense those will be very handy :)

I wanted to take pictures of all my stuff! It was a bit tricky dropping and equipping stuff just to take pictures. I also couldn't figure out how to take pictures of Fire Arrows and I was worried about letting insects I caught get away. It would've been really helpful to be able to hone in on Restless Crickets on the side quest I just did!

In addition to the above I snapped and catalogued the following in my gear so far:

#162 Apple
#214 Eightfold Blade
#227 Guardian Sword
#244 Farming Hoe
#248 Iron Sledgehammer
#282 Farmer's Pitchfork
#310 Lizal Spear
#311 Enhanced Lizal Spear
#321 Traveller's Bow
#322 Soldier's Bow
#331 Phrenic Bow
#334 Boko Bow
#344 Arrow
#353 Emblazoned Shield
#356 Traveller's Shield
#366 Shield Of The Mind's Eye

and of course

#074 Restless Cricket :)

I like this a lot! I feel like Samus Aran in Metroid Prime when she scans stuff! Or Ash in Pokémon! :) I also noticed that stuff I haven't recorded yet shows up in orange text and stuff I have recorded shows up in blue text. This'll be very handy :)

#045 Seagull

I heard seagulls so I took a picture of one! I can go on big nature walk and learn all kinds of stuff with the compendium this way. Its entry said I can get drumsticks from them.

The pictures I take show up in the compendium without taking up photo space and I can replace them with better pictures later on too. Nice bit of freedom here :)

I'm still not quite used to the menus yet so there's a lot of fiddling with shoulder buttons and analogue sticks and everything. I want to take more pictures of my stuff later.

No comments:

Post a Comment