Thursday 30 August 2018

180 zelda breath of the wild - fighting strong currents and lasers with ice at kaya wan shrine

Dear Readers,

I decided to do the "Shields From Water" trial at the Kaya Wan Shrine.

On entering I was on a platform with water all around. The only way forward was up the waterfall so I used Cryonis to make pillars for climbing.

After climbing the waterfall, the next obstacle was a big pool of water with a Guardian Scout I on a little island. I used Cryonis again to put a pillar in front of it so it wouldn't see me. Then I climbed on top of the pillar and knocked it off the island with my Guardian Spear. It dropped Ancient Screws and the weird thing was, they floated to the top of the water! Weird! There was a chest with an Ancient Core floating in the pool too. I made another pillar to continue to the other side.

The next obstacle was a stream with a strong current. There were two Guardian Scout Is on islands here. I used Cryonis here again to shield from them. There was also a treasure chest behind a cage I had to lift with an ice pillar to get to. It had a Knight's Broadsword in it. I admit I drowned here a few times trying to get my bearings! Oh well.

After the waterfall I had to glide over the gap to the monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment