Sunday 3 February 2019

153 night in the woods - opening up to dad

Dear Readers,

Dad was like wow are you ok? and I said no. I sat on the couch next to him and he asked me what was going on.

I wasn't sure if I could talk about it. He said I was gonna have to start talking sometime, calling me kitten and I said I wished I could. He asked me why I couldn't and I said "I don't even know." He said that's how it is sometimes but it's not always a great reason.

I told him about having these dreams and nightmares and how I think I've been seeing this ghost. I told him I thought something really bad was going to happen, and here I was, running around doing all this stupid stuff and asking, where's it all going? What even was my life right now? I said I think I patched up some stuff tonight but everyone was on their way somewhere else and... at this point I was getting panicky and upset. He calmed me down a bit and suggested getting some sleep. I asked him if I could stay down here for a bit and after a pause he said I could stay as long as I liked.

He switched on Garbo and Malloy. I badly needed this episode!

Garbo asked Malloy if they ever thought about the afterlife and they answered that they didn't have a life as it was! They said why did they ask and if it was because they think there was someone up there watching. They answered, saying they hoped anyone was watching this time slot at all!

Malloy said these were the big questions and Garbo said they didn't get any bigger. Malloy asked if Garbo was a churchgoer and Garbo said the last time they were in church they hadn't invented religion yet. They joked about making it up as they went along, talking about belief in god and potlucks as you couldn't have a church without potlucks! Garbo said you could but it wouldn't be... then there was a pause before they said "A Whoppah!" to rapturous cheering, laughing and clapping! Malloy previewed the next episode where they and Garbo contact the dead.

When the show was over, I silently got up off the couch and scooted off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment