Friday 15 February 2019

165 night in the woods - smelters 4 ever

Dear Readers,

I did my usual rounds in the tunnel before going to see Angus at work.

I forgot his name again so I had to look it up but "Fisherman" Jones was down here again. I listened in on his latest poem about what would happen if the tunnel got drained and how he'd miss the tunnel fish. I then butted in and asked if they were gonna drain the tunnel or something. He said no, that it was just poetry he was making up and asked me once again to please not listen!

I went to Video Outpost "Too" to see Angus. He said his legs were still sore from running from that creepo we saw the other night. I said I was just sore in general. And tired, in general.

Angus said his life didn't involve a lot of running. I laughed a little and said I should probably have some kind of clever comment to follow that up and he said I can get back to him. :)

One of the Smelters fans got a new job! He was talking to his friend about it and about looking forward to moving on to other things. His friend made an ellipsis before asking if the kids were excited. He said that yeah they'll love it though it might take a while. After a few ellipses and pauses and yeps, they said they'd have one more and both said Gooooo Smelters! at the same time.

Wow... so he's moving away? You can see the sadness in the conversation too, though like macho men they don't show it. His friend, the gloomier one, will be even more gloomy now... aw :(

I climbed up to my main news source to ask what was going on! They said birds were flyin' south early this year. I asked what it meant and they said they knew something we didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment