Monday 11 February 2019

161 night in the woods - napping in the church library room

Dear Readers,

I went into the church library room and sat up on the couch. Bit by bit, I got drowsier and drowsier until I started napping, wrapping my arms around myself in the soft sunlight glow from the window.

Someone appeared in the room. It was grandpa! Or at least, an apparition of him. He faded and reappeared several times until he got closer to the couch and sat on the other end of it. He stayed there until I was ready to move on.

What an absolutely lovely scene! I had no idea it was here, even after the let's plays I watched of this game and all the spoilers I've read. It's just this lovely subtle thing that's yet so powerful and lovely and I was glued to it.

When I pressed the button I found myself outside the church. I went back in and mom had nothing new to say, but I was able to sit on the couch again without napping or ghostly grandpa appearings. This was probably the best bit of sleep I ever got in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment