Wednesday 6 February 2019

156 night in the woods - mom worrying as moms do

Dear Readers,

Mom greeted me good morning in her usual cheery way. She asked if I was feeling better. I told her I was sleeping a lot, but somehow feeling worse.

She said she was going to make me an appointment with Dr. Hank. I told her it was fine and she said it was very much not so. I told her I was an adult who could make that decision and she said when I was here I was still her baby and she was making me an appointment. She told me she was worried about me and I told her I was ok.

After a brief pause I told her I was gonna go. She asked me if I was sure I didn't want to stay home and rest and I said no, that I had stuff to do. She asked me what it was that I had to do and I told her... I didn't know myself honestly. She said to please take it easy and I told her I would. We exchanged "love you"s and that was that.

I chatted with her again and she said she kept the really good prescription headache medicine on her nightstand. She said she could give me half of one and I said only half? Then she said that I was... and I butted in, saying I was short? Then she said half would be fine.

Generally, she asked me to let her know if I needed help and I said I would and thanked her. Then I left to start another day while I still could.

No comments:

Post a Comment