Monday 18 February 2019

168 night in the woods - germ's house

Dear Readers,

I went out to see Germ and he invited me to try out a trampoline!

I asked him if I looked any different and he wasn't direct about it but he kinda commented on it. Everyone says I look exhausted these days. I said "Sure!" to his trampoline offer.

The scene shifted to a hilly area with some cars around. I told him it was kinda weird that he actually lived somewhere as I only ever see him in the car park. There was a tyre swing back here too. I apologised and he said it was cool and that a lot of folks from town never came back up here. I said he had a lot of cars and he said his uncles were here a lot and fixed cars with his dad. I asked him if he drove and he said he biked and that it was better for the environment. I told him I just keep learning new things out about him and he said we were all gonna die from temperatures and water!

After a pause I asked him if this was his tyre and he said nah, that it was for his sisters and cousins. I asked him about his sisters and he said they were out at church stuff at the moment and that was why he invited me over. He said it was like adults night here. I asked him what he meant and he said it was like the one night a week where there were no kids around.

I couldn't jump on any of the cars or on the swing, so I followed him up to his porch. He said ok ok ok and that I should meet his mom. I said should I? and he said it was the polite thing to do as I was gonna be eating dinner here. I told him I was kidding and he said he couldn't tell. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was nervous. I asked him why and he said come on!

We went inside to meet his mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment