Wednesday 22 May 2019

252 night in the woods - the medium snowman's warning

Dear Readers,

After giving out to the coffin seller, I came across the medium snowman.

I greeted them and they greeted me back, saying I was still alive eh?

They said they just saw all of the trees give a great shudder like they were falling into line... and then I walked up. I said I think the way was open to the frozen lake! I asked them what they thought about that?

They said they think I should wrap up any business I had and head east as quickly as possible! I said what business would I still have had? and they said they wouldn't pretend to know.

I chatted with them again, saying I was a bit nervous about the frozen lake. They asked if I knew the story and I said not really. They said it was of how the lake was so deep it went down to the grave and the dead came to the surface and spoke with the living. They said it was of how it was so black that it ate the moon's reflection and how the moon, being jealous, convinced the sun to turn its back on the lake so it would be forever frozen. They said that was why the dead may be found beneath the ice for they could no longer leave those waters.

I asked if any of that happened and they said I was the one going there, so I would be the one who could tell them!

I chatted with them again, asking if they were ok as I didn't have a chance to ask about them and how they got here. They said they think they were gone and they could hardly hear me... I thanked them so much and said they saved my life, addressing them as fortune-teller.

They said they were a real one and it was real to them. Even if their sister, in the walls... and then they stopped talking.

I said hello?

No response.

Then I said goodbye.

Are they really gone? I liked this character...

No comments:

Post a Comment