Monday 27 January 2020

98 undertale - navigating the core's terminals

Dear Readers,

The Core's music really did have that epic final dungeon feel where the lone hero must face it alone. I resumed from my save and looked at the computer terminals. I didn't have Papyrus or Undyne to call anymore and Alphys had to go as well.

The computer terminals here said north was the warrior's path, west was the sage's path, and any path lead to The End. I came from the south and east supposedly just lead to The End.

I took the east path and came across another crossroads with computer terminals and an electric barrier to the east. The terminals here said to the east was The End and the other one said they couldn't fight, they couldn't think, but with patience, they would make their way through.

Now, I didn't know how it happened, but when I read these terminals and wrote about them, the electric barrier suddenly disappeared! I reloaded my save a few times and I figured it out: Just hanging out here makes the electric barrier disappear! That must be what the terminal meant by patience!

On the next screen I got attacked by an Astigmatism. It had a huge intense eye which was also its mouth. I was able to spare it by choosing not to pick on it.

Soon I came across another save point, an elevator and a door. The save point message said the elevator must've lead to the King's castle. However, it just took me to the beginning of the Core...

I went through the door instead. (I later realised that was what the save point message was talking about)

No comments:

Post a Comment