Friday 31 January 2020

102 undertale - the silent path to new home

Dear Readers,

After Alphys told me she was sorry after the battle with Mettaton, I decided to go back to chat with her.

She took Mettaton out of the room where I faced him.

I backtracked to her lab, but it was shut tight with no response... I walked through Hotland and the Core for a while, but I still got monster encounters. I couldn't get to her lab through the other side either because it was a one way thing with those arrow platform thingies.

I went back to Snowdin to chat with Papyrus and Undyne, but they hadn't much else to say. Papyrus seemed to say something else about saying goodbye and that it wasn't allowed in his town! Just see-you-laters. I don't remember if this is new dialogue or not...

I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I went ahead into the elevator where Alphys left me. The ride was a bit longer than the ones in Hotland and it had a low tone to its mechanism, as if I was going somewhere very serious indeed.

I found myself in a completely new area. It was all grey and the border changed to one with city-like buildings. I came across another elevator which will no doubt be unlockable.

I continued walking through this area. It was silent and all grey and big city buildings were in the background. It was like something frozen in time. Nice parallax scrolling effect here though :)

The path turned upwards and some acoustic guitar music started playing. I went through the doorway and... it was Toriel's house! Or at least it was very much like it.

The staircase to the basement was blocked by two padlocks and a friendly note, saying howdy and they were in the garden. It also said where the keys were.

The only thing of colour here was the flowers. I went exploring to the left and started getting encounters...

No comments:

Post a Comment