Friday 27 November 2020

147 ace attorney 6 - the ultimate boss

Dear Readers,

As Phoenix himself stood before me, I asked him why on earth was he serving as that slimeball Paul Atishon's lawyer.

Phoenix said it was because he was hired to. Paul then said he figured with a celebrated lawyer like Phoenix Wright, he couldn't go wrong.

I asked Phoenix if this was why he came back from Khura'in and he said it was just good timing as he had just wrapped up there.

Then he said Paul was a very important client, which absolutely baffled me. I never heard him even mention Paul before.

I asked Phoenix if he was sure that what we had was Paul's family heirloom and he said that it was his client's assertion. He said apparently, Ami Fey once used this crystal when channelling spirits.

I asked him who Ami Fey was. He said she brought Khura'inese channelling to Japan, and her descendants brought it here to America. Details were still kind of murky but it was clear that she herself was the founder of the Kurain Channelling Technique.

I tried to wrap my head around this, asking if she was the one they called the founder of Khura'in — the Holy Mother.

Phoenix said he didn't know all the facts yet, but he wasn't planning to betray his client's confidence and knew for sure that they wouldn't be handing the crystal over to us.

Phoenix said he was sorry it came to this. I said I didn't understand.

Phoenix then spelled it out for me: If I was going to continue to claim that the crystal or whatever this artifact was belonged to my client, then he was going to see me in court.

I was floored. Dramatic music played. Trucy asked her dad what had gotten into him. Phoenix said it was just business. Paul laughed at the sight of two lawyers from the same firm facing off. He believed he had the "right" man for the job. Ack... ok that was funny.

Paul pretty much just laid out the narration. He asked me what I was going to do, as Phoenix was my boss after all.

I begged Phoenix not to do this. He said there was no point in asking here as we would find everything out in court. Trucy didn't want us from the same agency to compete with each other either but it was too late, the die had been cast.

Phoenix then asked me what it was going to be. I reflected on the gravity of the situation, actually opposing THE Phoenix Wright in court. I owed it to Dhurke to at least try though.

I had two choices:

  • Battle Mr. Wright
  • Throw in the towel
In reality, I knew this really wasn't about him versus me, but the drama is extremely interesting and, as a player, it was fascinating since I was both Phoenix and Apollo in fighting our battles and getting to where we were today. This is very entertaining!

I toyed with the concession option and the will to keep fighting for Dhurke was too strong, so that option meant nothing fairly quickly.

Furthermore, since I was playing as Phoenix in Khura'in and suffered so much because of the DC Act, the thing that Dhurke was fighting to get rid of, I knew that we had a shared goal in the end. In fact, having Phoenix as an opponent is the best possible option to this end.

It will be very exciting to see the drama play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment