Thursday 14 January 2021

195 ace attorney 6 - preparing for dhurke's big trial!

Dear Readers,

Phoenix, Athena and I went back to the safe house at Dhurke's old law office. Edgeworth welcomed us back. He said he watched The Plumed Punisher on TV while we were gone and said it was an outrage, escpecially the theme song! At least he wasn't bored!

Phoenix asked me was I ready and up to speed with everything and I said I was. The truth about what really went happened was going to be troublesome though. He agreed and said there was a deep darkness enveloping this case. Athena said the more we learned, the less we understood. Phoenix said he was almost afraid of what we would find once we lifted the black veil, but the real killer would be found underneath. It all came down to who killed Inga, and why?

Phoenix asked us who would have a motive to kill Inga? He wanted to know how the killer slipped into the tomb, killed Inga, and slipped back out without ever being seen. I said we had lots of evidence, so we were just going to have to see what came out in court.

Then there was the matter of Amara and the attempted assassination. There was no evidence at all to go on, which made that part really difficult. Athena asked Phoenix if he ever won a case without any evidence and he said no, never. This case was unprecedented, even for him. I wondered if there really wasn't any evidence at all.

Also, there was the DC Act to worry about. If Dhurke was sentenced to death, we'd all have to join him in a public execution. Athena said defeating the charges or die was a crazy way to have a legal system. Phoenix told her it was just going to be him and me on the floor, but she could support us by watching from the gallery. She wasn't happy with this but he said sorry and it was an order from her boss. Then he said Simon would use him for sword practice if he put her in harm's way. She then wanted us to promise her we'd make it back alive. Phoenix reminded me of the lawyer's biggest smiles lesson. I wondered if I'd be able to do it when things got bad the next day in court.

I'm pretty excited about this dreadful twist that's gonna come up!

No comments:

Post a Comment