Wednesday 9 March 2022

12 xenoblade - becoming fiora for a while

Dear Readers,

I walked into the weapon dev lab expecting a cutscene to play but I met another Nopon with a quest.

He was looking for materials but was too busy to gather them himself. He wanted 2 Small Shells and I agreed to get them for him. He said Krabbles dropped them.

Day then changed to night and he disappeared. Perrine appeared. She came up as "Individualistic scientist" and she wanted to investigate an obscure or unfamiliar field. She wanted something completely new.

I went further downstairs and Dickson greeted me, praising my research on the Monado. The sword itself stood there in the lab. We talked about it a lot and about Dunban using it as well. I hadn't figured everything out about it yet and I thought back to one year ago, when Dunban was on a stretcher, whispering into my ear that the Monado was controlling him. It's a very mysterious and powerful sword. I said anyone could activate it but... who can control it is a different story.

Dickson said I should get some fresh air as I was spending too much time in the lab either researching or looking for scraps. He had good praise for me.

The scene shifted to Dunban in bed. Fiora was at his bedside and brought him food. He was still recovering after using the Monado last year. He said he was looking forward to using it again, which seemed to upset her. He assured her he was doing fine and that I was eagerly awaiting a delivery of food from her too. She seems really caring and I don't know if she's a love interest to me or to Dunban. We'll see how it goes.

The perspective shifted and I was now Fiora! My main quest was to bring food to Shulk before it got cold. I accepted it and got a tutorial about story quests being different from side quests.

Dunban said I'd make a great wife with my kindness. I went out and met Dickson, who told me Shulk went to Outlook Park to get some fresh air, as ordered by him. I then got another tutorial dialogue about Fiora's talents, Butterfly Step and Power Smash, presented as dialogue between me and Shulk.

A resident suggested I go the long way around and through the residential district to meet Shulk, saying it was safer and Dunban would prefer that too. Sounds like a good idea. I'll mingle a bit while I'm there as I haven't explored it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment