Wednesday 16 March 2022

19 xenoblade - getting our butts kicked by an evil rhangrot

Dear Readers,

Reyn and I left town finally. It was time to head out and go for the story quest! Maybe even do a bit of exploring.

I checked the story memo and it was about Reyn and I going to the Mag Mell Ruins in Tephra Cave to collect some Ether Cylinders. That thing is handy.

I saw a few things to collect and straight away this completed the bug side quest (Collection Quest 4). I got that giant hornet. I also got the Helpful Stranger achievement, earned from finishing 10 side quests.

We fought a group of bunnits and completed another side quest for defeating them.

Then we fought some caterpiles. All this information comes up about "topple" and "break" and it's very confusing. I need to go through this slowly. Mostly what I'm doing is waiting for attacks to cooldown so I can do them again.

I collected what I needed to mend the watch for one of the sidequests. I'll have to return to the lab to fix it though.

We met a "unique monster" and got a tutorial warning that it was much stronger than others on the field but it has better quality items. This one we found was called Evil Rhangrot and it was carrying a big stick in its tail, which had its own fingers. It looked like a big bunny. It was level 6, we were level 8 so we tried it out.

It was far far too strong for us! I tried to take it on a few times but when Reyn collapsed I had to run away. When I escaped he came back to life so I could try again. I did this a few times but the creature was too strong. Our life came back but its life came back as well.

After this I looked at the arts more closely. It's still all very confusing to me. I doubt very much that we're strong enough for this creature yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment