Thursday 26 April 2018

55 zelda breath of the wild - an ice wizzrobe chases me up lanayru tower

Dear Readers,

I crossed the bridge and started climbing the hill on the way to the tower in this region north of Necluda. It was quite eventful!

I snuck past a Lizalfos camp. One of them accidentally set itself on fire which was kinda weird.

Some very different birdsong in this region too :) I like it.

#178 Zapshroom

New region, new mushrooms :)

As I ascended the hill with the tower, I met tons of enemies. Blue Moblins, Blue Bokoblins... The Lizalfos were very interesting! They could blend into the rocks like a chameleon!

#098 Ice Wizzrobe

I also met this terror for the first time. It floated around like the ones in Wind Waker. It could disappear and I could see its shadow on the wall. That effect looked pretty amazing! I must say, I was never big on the graphics in this game but times like this I am impressed! It could be in part due to my diminished expectations but I do think this is nice on its own, this dancey shadow on the wall.

I attacked the Ice Wizzrobe a few times but it didn't die. Then it unleashed its abominable blizzard attack the Hyrule Compendium told me about. Big blurry white meteors fell from the sky and I started taking cold damage! I didn't have any cold resistant food so I had to keep eating my regular rations while climbing the tower. I wish I had fire arrows, though I wasn't sure if that would've been more effective than regular ones. Eventually the Wizzrobe left me alone after I climbed past a certain point. It became a very dark and stormy night. But the cold damage stopped coming :)

I met a Zora named Gruve at the top of the tower. He was amazed to see me and asked me why I climbed up here. The only choice I had was I could ask the same of him. He told me Prince Sidon asked him to find a Hylian so he climbed this tower. The only problem was that he wasn't able to get back down! Poor guy :) I wouldn't blame him though, what with that Ice Wizzrobe down below and every other enemy camping out below as well. How did he get up here unscathed? He waved to Prince Sidon below, which showed me the direction in which I could find him. I'll seek him out later.

For now though I mapped out the Lanayru region while here on Lanayru Tower! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment