Tuesday 11 June 2019

271 night in the woods - demontower level ix, x and the bad ending

Dear Readers,

Now for level IX, Cemetary Grounds.

Mercifully, this level only had ghosts! And those tamer guards that scream when you hit them. Good thing, since I only had two HP maximum! Still had the red screamy guard too.

The boss room was completely empty this time. Hm?

I went on to level X, The Corpse. This was just an empty long vertical corridor. It led to... a giant cat corpse with antlers and swords sticking out of its back. It bled a massive river. This must've been the thing that was bleeding all the other rivers below in the previous levels. It was even bleeding out its eyes. It was both gruesome and awesome.

The room to the left had 8 skulls on top of gravestones... Looks like a puzzle or something. I guess now I know what that green shifty eyed character was from before! Oops!

I'm glad there were no enemies here as I only had 1 max HP. I went beyond the corpse and opened the door...

The boss here was a tall cloaked cat. It was able to regain health by going into the bloody rivers! Also it had a huge sword. The boss music was appropriately epic and final bossy.

I died 3 or so times against it while fighting it. It wasn't too tough! Just had to dash away when it was doing the huge sword attack and stay on the vertical path.

I died again however, when I stepped in the bloody puddle it left. Sheesh! Had to fight it again!

After another couple of attempts and trying to not let it die right in front of the exit, I beat it and got out!

I got an epilogue and a message that the Palecat main character girl had to rest and it didn't seem very much like this was the good ending. I'll have to go through the whole thing again someday and keep note of those clues and solve the puzzle at the end!

After I got off the computer I sketched in my journal! I drew Palecat, bones, baddies, a skull with a sword going through it, something I scribbled out and the Demontower itself, set against some mountains and a lightning storm. Also wrote DEMONTOWER in a similar font to the title screen.

The game is cool but it's very burdensome with all the cooldown restrictions and the fact you're getting weaker as you progress. It's definitely for more experienced players.

No comments:

Post a Comment