Thursday 13 June 2019

273 night in the woods - my commentary on the demontower concept art

Dear Readers,

After playing Demontower I unlocked some more concept art! Let's have a look...

#27 I commented on this one already but I didn't notice the subtitle ARMAGEDDON MEGASTRUCTURE. Super unnecessary and super cool! I like when games do this :)
#28 Early environment art concepts. The urns looked a lot boxier back then.
#29 Colour and decor concepts for each of the main levels. All are dark and murky but still have a nice bit of variation at the same time. This makes for a nice PC game that you can play in your dark murky attic bedroom and not be blinded :)
#30 Concept art for three of the enemies. There's that jerk boss with the pope hat that was pretty tough, there's the first of those fiery spellcaster jerks, and there's the cloaked jerk that dashes all over the place and throws daggers at you. I grew to appreciate the ones that accidentally set themselves and other enemies on fire. Also, the bird enemies remind me of Reginald from Anthony Clark's Nedroid dot com webcomic!

No comments:

Post a Comment