Saturday 1 June 2019

1 super monkey ball 3d - underrated game, my first world scores

Dear Readers,

I wanna talk about this underrated game! Been playing it a lot lately and I love this series.

This game is underrated because at the time it was released, it was also the 3DS launch window. Hype at the time was for other stuff like fighting games or some weird simulators and critics didn't like this one so much. In fact, for a while it was one of the lowest rated.

Years later it's cheaper and has aged better than most of those other games in the launch window. It's also kinda weird how it has a physical instruction manual and no digital manual! They decided to do away with manuals as standard shortly after it was released.

Gameplay is great, music is great. It's easy to begin with; in the first world there are levels that are literally about taking a turn to the left or right.

I played through this first world with both Circle Pad and Motion Sensor control methods. They each have their own high score tables. My highest scores for each mode are 76,515 and 73,022 points respectively. I also got the banana stamp, which you can get by collecting all the bananas in a world. I never really saw this challenge in a Monkey Ball game before, so it was a nice way to bring replay value.

No comments:

Post a Comment