Thursday 20 June 2019

280 night in the woods - i always have time for poetry and dusk stars!

Dear Readers,

Today was the first of Selmers' many nice poems. I'll check 'em all out again gladly :)

We talked a bit about the journal recommendation Dr. Hank gave to both of us.

It was also the first day of checking out dusk stars with Mr. Chazokov! I love the friendship that's established here and the way he laughs when I talk back to grumpy porch guy when he threatens to call the cops or sue or whatever.

When he introduced me to dusk stars I said "Dusk Stars is the name of my shoegaze band." He asked really? and I said no. He asked if it was music of looking at shoes and I said it was with a lot of reverb. He then asked why we were talking about shoes and I said I forgot. I of course took him up on the offer of looking at dusk stars!

First spot was Dohr the Murderer. I said "Geez." after the part in his story where the king got offended. At the part where the king insulted the chickens I said "Chickens are kind of awful.", calling them weird horrible angry dinosaurs that peck each others eyes out. Mr. Chazokov said they were delicious and I said they deserve to be. After hearing about Dohrs murders he asked me if he was a hero and I said "Totally." When he said it was a true story and I should've felt terrible I was like seriously? and he laughed a little then.

Then I spotted Castys. When he said what it was I said "Totally it is." He asked if I knew this one already and I said nope. I liked how she refused to die and he asked me if I was going to die. I said "I guess, someday."

That was it for today. He asked if I'd like to see more in a couple of days time and I chose the same "Yeah if I remember!" because I want to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment