Sunday 24 November 2019

34 undertale - hanging out with sans in grillby's

Dear Readers,

After I left Papyrus and Snowdin, I continued through a dark tunnel. I met some people up ahead, including Sans.

There was the kid I met back in Snowdin. They wanted to meet "her" as she was so cool. Near them was someone who introduced me to the echo flowers, which repeat what they heard over and over.

I chatted with Sans, who was at a stand. He talked about having two jobs and having twice as many legally-required breaks. He asked if I wanted to go to Grillby's and I said Yeah. He said he'd pry himself away if I insisted and showed me a super fast shortcut.

In Grillby's he said hi to everyone. One patron asked wasn't he in here a few minutes ago and he said that was at least half an hour ago and they must've meant brunch! Then there was a rimshot and everybody in the place laughed!

He said to take a seat and I set a whoopie cushion off. He said to be careful as weirdos sometimes left them on the seats. He asked what I wanted and I said Fries. He told Grillby we'd have a double order of fries. Grillby walked off through the door in the back. Sans asked what I thought of his brother and I said he was Cool. He said of course! He said I'd be cool too if I wore that outfit every day :) He said Papyrus would only take that thing off if he absolutely had to. He said at least he washes it... in the shower while showering.

The grub came and Sans offered me some ketchup. I said Yes. He said bone appetit with a wink :)

The cap came off and too much ketchup poured all over my food. He said I could have his as he wasn't hungry anyway. He said cool or not, I had to agree that Papyrus tried real hard, like trying to be part of the royal guard. He said he once begged the head of the royal guard for him to be included and she shut the door on him because it was midnight. The next day she saw him still standing there and rewarded his dedication by giving him warrior training. He said it was still a work in progress.

Sans then asked me something and the music changed. A spotlight shone on us and he asked me if I ever heard of a talking flower. I said Yes. I thought he was talking about Flowey but he was in fact talking about the echo flower. Then he said that Papyrus said that sometimes a flower appears and whispers things to him. Stuff like flattery, advice, encouragement, predictions. Sans said that someone must be using an echo flower to play a trick on him. He told me to keep an eye out.

He then said he was flat broke and asked me to foot the bill of a huge amount of money. I said yes and yes he was joking :) He told Grillby to put it on his tab. He then left. The other patrons had some stuff to say about Sans. My food was probably cold by now so I left it.

I returned to what I now recognise as the swampy area! The border changed and all to a lovely blue atmospheric scene with bulrushes, echo flowers and some kind of brick walls.

Sans said let's hang out again sometime. I'd like to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment