Saturday 14 December 2019

54 undertale - undyne battle and chase!

Dear Readers,

Now to face Undyne! I took a brave step forward and the battle with her started! She leaped from the hilltop and took me straight to the battle screen!

The green grid of battle waved around and she turned me green, saying en garde! The dramatic music flowed into her battle music which got 8-bit at times and back to dramatic booming battle music.

Turning green meant I couldn't escape, but I had a shield that let me take her attacks head on. Arrows came from all four directions and I was to face them with the shield.

I tried plead, but it didn't work. I tried challenge, which made her bullets go faster!

She said sunlight was within their reach at least... She talked more about taking my soul and freeing her monster friends.

Sometimes I turned red again and was able to move around, avoiding her spear throws as best I could. I was then able to run from battle! I ran until she caught up with me again. I had to run as there was no stopping her own determination to kill me.

She then changed attacks a bit! There was a yellow bullet that jumped to the opposite side before going for me so I had to adjust to that attack as well.

After dying quite a few times and getting further away, bit by bit, I ran through a corridor that had a marquee that said "WELCOME TO HOTLAND!" on it. Undyne continued to chase and attack and then... I got a phone call! From Papyrus! He was just like What's up?

He was his usually happy self and said that Undyne, Himself and I should all hang out sometime, saying he thinks she and I would make great pals! He said let's meet up at her house later! What a time to be called! I laughed my head off at this though :) Looking at Undyne in freeze frame chasing after me while he was making friendly arrangements! Haha! That dialogue box was kind of helpful though in freezing the action like it usually does in video games. Helped me read the marquee text :)

Eventually I came across Sans! He was asleep though so I had to keep running! Undyne stopped to take a look at him and she looked furious! She chased me across the bridge.

Eventually she slowed down because of the heat of this new area. She then flopped down on the bridge. Whew... finally the chase was over.

I was in this new area now called Hotland. The border changed to this red glow on a wall with loads of industrial looking pipes and electronic fixtures. It looked pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment