Thursday 18 June 2020

11 travis strikes again: no more heroes - hanging out at the trailer for the first time, looking at my shirts

Dear Readers,

Now that I had access to my trailer hub, I decided to hang out here for a while and check things out. A very chilled out version of the NMH theme played here with lovely bluesy guitar instrumentation that sounds like the guitar from Sheryl Crow's song All I Wanna Do. There was also the outdoor night sounds of crickets chirping and the fire crackling.

The trailer is pretty cool the way the side opens out like that. Badman sat on the edge of it drinking away. I guess he's on my side until we get the Death Balls.

In the bathroom, I could change t-shirts and save progress. I had a look at the t-shirts. My default shirt is the Unreal Engine shirt, but I can switch to put on various video game shirts. I had a look at the ones I had already. They were from these titles:

  • SIREN: A series I never played but I remember hearing about it in the PS2 days. Forbidden Siren it's called over here.
  • Dragon's Dogma: DARK ARISEN - Another series I never played. I thought it was from the west but it was actually made by Capcom.
  • FIRE PRO WRESTLING WORLD: Not really into wrestling or wrestling games I'm afraid! However, I find Suda51's passion for wrestling infectious and I heard he was even involved with this series too.
  • 零~月蝕の仮面~: It took me a while to figure this one out but I found it was the fourth Project Zero game and that it was the one Grasshopper made and Suda51 directed. Do all the games here in the starting shirt collection have something to do with him? Anyway I remember NGamer magazine talking about the spooky noises it made in the disc drive of the Wii as you played it.
  • JET SET RADIO: Finally, a game I have played! I loved this to bits on the Dreamcast.
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Haven't played this but I've watched YouTubers play it. Not sure I'd be into this series myself.
  • Deadly Premonition: A strange game that has some dedicated fans. I'll play this someday.
  • THE OUTFOXIES: Surprised to see such an old game here! It's got Smash Bros. camera and level design style. Never played it before.
  • ISAMI KODAKA: Had to look this up too. He's a Japanese professional wrestler. I guess Travis is a fan.
  • Unreal Purple: Another Unreal Engine shirt, the U part in purple.
  • Unreal Green: Another Unreal Engine shirt, the U part in green.
They weren't all video games after all but I had fun looking them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment