Tuesday 23 June 2020

16 travis strikes again: no more heroes - my vlog explaining the death drive mk ii console and the death balls

Dear Readers,

With the motorbike, I was able to experience the story of my journey to collect the Death Balls. This was the first of the visual novel segments presented in ancient computer black and green graphics :) I never had a computer like this, but I saw one of my teachers use one with graphics like that in primary school.

First was another VHS vlog thing I recorded. In this I said this area I was in was my hideout. But since I invited the player here it was pointless as a secret and it would spread. (I assume it's the player and it's getting kinda confusing to take on both perspectives :P ) I then said whatever to it and that I'd be gone tomorrow.

I started by saying my life turned upside-down ever since Badman showed up. I just wanted to live here in peace and I was sick of paying for my life in the assassin rankings, so I ran away here.

Ahh... so Travis wanted to retire from the game huh? That's kinda sad...

I said I wanted to become one with the trees and become a "living thing" again, to get away from the fame. I said I knew it wasn't cool to leave a wife and kid behind to come here, but that was another story.

So yeah... Travis has a family now and he's a married man. Wow.

Badman had a legendary Death Ball, one of six legendary games I had searched everywhere for and the one he had was Electric Thunder Tiger II, where my hero Triple Star makes his comeback and it's a sequel to the legendary masterpiece. I played it so much at the arcade I was able to beat it in one go.

I killed Badman's daughter in the first No More Heroes game and he was out for revenge. The Death Ball he had could only be played on the Death Drive Mk II console, a dark, unnatural console that never actually got released. There were only a few prototypes, and they went for millions on auction sites. It was a true legend among legends. The first-gen Death Drive was only available for a single month, and only in certain regions. It was an arcade cabinet that basically became an urban legend, so when it was announced that it would be a console, gamers lost their minds, but it ended up never getting released. The so called "dangerous hardware" became nothing but a rumour. The other rumour was that six games were scheduled to be released together with the console and it was said that if you collected the Death Ball cartridges for all six games, loaded them up, and beat them all, then your wish would come true, whatever you wanted. 

Wow, just like the Dragon Balls then!

I wondered if Badman was really trying to bring his daughter back to life. I found him to be a such a hassle. Anyway, we both ended up inside the console.

Green computery visual novelness next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment