Friday 24 July 2020

23 ace attorney 6 – scary dudes hearing about the not guilty verdict

 Dear Readers,

The people in the gallery were shocked. It was the first “Not Guilty” verdict with a lawyer in twenty something years. Ahlbi thanked me and apologized for not trusting me when he found out I was a lawyer. I didn’t blame him, since lawyers were gone before he was born, but I wondered why defence lawyers were hated so much in this country. I said there was a need for us, even with the Séances. Ahlbi then shushed me and said I could be accused of being a rebel.

He then told me of rebels, the Defiant Dragons and their leader, a scary guy named Dhurke. I heard that name earlier but nothing else.

Just then, someone interrupted us, saying he wanted to talk to me. He introduced himself as the Khura’inese Minister of Justice and his name was Inga Karkhuul Khura’in. His name sounded like no laughing matter. Ahlbi addressed him respectfully and he told him to run along. He looked at me and chomped on his cigar. He said words like “see?” and used expressions like “what a mook” like he was a prohibition gangster or something.

He revealed that the poor late Paht Rohl had stolen a bunch of stuff that was found in his digs… ahem his house. His men also found that it was the insurgents, not Andistan’dhin who had the sticky fingers. Maybe this guy is like some kind of film noir private eye.

He said I pulled a cute little number in his courtroom and I stirred the pot, but he got information that was valuable to him, so he was going to let it slide this time. Okay so he’s a gangster. I guess that’s because he's the justice minister in this very one-sided justice system. He said I’d “do best to read between the lines here, chump” and that I was standing on thin ice. Among other threatening-sounding expressions he said not to forget whose soil it was I was standing on.

He was indeed scary but I was more focused on resuming the tour! Ahlbi got excited and blabbed a load of stuff at once. I was able to check the log for stuff that went by too fast, including the bed of nails foot massage? Yikes!

An ominous animated scene followed with someone mentioning the “Not Guilty” to the one named Dhurke. He spoke of the winds of change and grinned…

No comments:

Post a Comment