Friday 10 July 2020

9 ace attorney 6 - seeing the princess' insight for the first time

 Dear Readers,

The court was in an uproar when Payne presented the notice scroll that seemed to prove that Ahlbi was in the treasure room. The judge was all ready to bring his gavel down again when I slapped my desk and requested to see Rayfa's Divination Séance for myself, saying I had a right to.

Payne encouraged it for the chance to humiliate me and the judge allowed it.

Rayfa took the stand, calling me barb-headed attorney once again and calling me out for doubting how they did things in this country. I apologised on behalf of being a tourist and argued with her on the need for trials to have a defensive side. 

The crowd was outraged that I would speak to the Princess like this and called for me to be punished until she silenced them. With a few insults my way, she performed this Divination Séance, with voiced dialogue!

She went out into the middle of the courtroom and performed this dance thing, which made an image appear in the pool, a message from the victim's soul! It was explained to me that the princess can use her power of Spirit Communion to project a victim's memories of the last few moments before their demise.

Things looked really bad and Payne was delighted at seeing me realise that things looked really bad.

The judge was ready to end things again and said he wouldn't invoke the Defence Culpability Act if I gave up now. I didn't know what that was so it was explained to me, along with a few insults, that the DC Act (for short) said that I would be deemed just as guilty for supporting a criminal and would get the same sentence.

Now I know what happened to the defence attorneys in this country. Some went to prison while others received the death penalty. Payne, with his ridiculous crown was delighted at the prospect of my win streak against him and his brother coming to an end.

In fact, there was a chance now that I myself would be getting the death penalty! The judge asked me again if I wanted to continue defending Ahlbi.

The choice to continue or abandon the defence came up. I didn't know if some dramatic turn was going to happen, but I wanted to examine the Séance thing closer so I chose to continue.

I got plenty of dramatic reactions to this, including a big "That's enough!" from Princess Rayfa!

The crowd chanted death, but Rayfa challenged me to find falsehood in her Insights. I finally have this chance, even though the judge was now applying this DC act on me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment