Tuesday 12 June 2018

102 zelda breath of the wild - working up the courage to climb hyrule castle!

Dear Readers,

I decided to visit Hyrule Castle at last! It took a while to build up the nerve!

I approached from the north. It was kind of difficult to see a way in due to the game's blurry graphics, especially when it was raining. I took a chance and glided my way over some kind of gap to the general area. A cutscene then triggered, showing the form of a roaring creature in the evil goop surrounding the castle. The music then changed to a dramatic orchestral rendition of a Zelda medley.

Lots of Guardians around here! I sought out safe spots and just started climbing. I got to an area where I could hide from a Decayed Guardian's laser behind some burned out looking trees. I climbed a little higher to a ledge with bombable rocks to find my 27th Korok Seed. Not the nicest place to hang out!

I climbed higher and reached the Sanctum. I went inside and the music continued the tune but changed to a church organ, still very dramatic!

The castle has a completely different map as well. It's all 3D wireframe like the one in Metroid Prime.

I climbed up very high, much higher than I needed to be in any case. I was able to climb above the position of Calamity Ganon and look down at it. It was the evil goop but some weird spider leg-like things were there too.

#127 Guardian Turret

I descended, losing a fairy from falling too far(oops) and came across this type of Guardian. It was just there to survey.

I lost several more fairies trying to avoid Guardian laser fire. I was half demented trying to find the spot in the 8th photograph memory. I did manage to find another Korok Seed though. My 28th. However, I decided to warp back to before that big fall and before getting zapped. I'll re-find this Korok Seed later.

No comments:

Post a Comment