Saturday 2 June 2018

92 zelda breath of the wild - dealing with the goop while climbing akkala tower

Dear Readers,

I was finally at the top of the mountain with the tower and the Akkala Citadel Ruins. There was that black evil icky goop, the odd Skywatcher looming around and a Decayed Guardian to deal with. Lots of obstacles around this tower.

Thankfully I didn't have any trouble with the Guardians. I'm glad I got up here without being zapped!

#368 Rusty Shield

Lots of Black Bokoblins around here though! I climbed and manoeuvred around the goop and met quite a few of them. Found a Rusty Shield near a sheltered cooking pot! Very handy! (The cooking pot I mean, not the rusty shield. Lots of lightning storms around here) Above it was a chest with some bomb arrows.

I defeated the rest of the Black Bokoblins by smacking them with magnetised metal treasure chests. It took ages. They have too much health!

Then I had a real puzzle on my hands. I found a goopy eyeball within the ruins surrounding the tower and shot it with an arrow, but not enough goop dissipated. I spent ages looking for another one. I didn't find any but I did find a little hole going into a room with a treasure chest inside. It had some fire arrows inside. Nice little find!

Eventually I found my only hope was that broken half arch. There was some goop on it but I managed to climb it and find a non goopy spot to stand on. Then I glided towards the tower and climbed to the top! There was a ruined Guardian up here too. I got a spring from it.

More importantly though, I activated the tower and mapped out the Akkala region! Woo! So at a glance this region appears to be mostly plains and mountains. What's very interesting though is what's toward the sea. There's a spit of land, the Rist Peninsula that curls up and looks super attractive for exploring. Then there's that big rectangle island maze further north. Lots of places to check out later on :)

I compared the scenery to the photograph and it looks like the area I'm searching for is further to the west. The red rocks in the foreground of the picture strongly suggest that it's in the mountain range with the volcano. This narrows it down at least :) The tower in the region west of here is in this direction too so I'll head there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment