Thursday 28 June 2018

118 zelda breath of the wild - hanging out at the snowfield stable while trying not to freeze to death

Dear Readers,

While I still had cold resistance, I decided to set a warp point at the shrine I could see towards the northeast. I jumped off Hebra Tower and glided in that direction. I ran for a while until suddenly this big creature appeared right in front of me.

#025 Great-Horned Rhinoceros

Well that was a surprise! It suddenly charged at me as well but I dodged it in time.

#020 Snowcoat Fox

A snowy version of the standard fox! The Hyrule Compendium said its fur turned white to adapt to the environment. If that's the case, why is the Grassland Fox orange? Oh well.

I continued and discovered not only Rin Oyaa Shrine, but also the Snowfield Stable. Standing by the fire was the only way I could not take damage as my cold resistance had worn off, so I cooked some Spicy Simmered Fruit using an Apple and a Spicy Pepper and gobbled it so I could be comfortable hanging out here.

A man on horseback named Ronn asked about a sacred spring where a dragon liked to hang out. I wonder if he was talking about the one on Mount Lanayru...

Beedle even came to this place! Poor guy was shivering though.

An old man named Monkton offered to tell me a story. He had two friends named Harry, who he played with out in the maze and Mary, who he played with out by the ruins. He dared Harry to go to the maze and he was never seen again. Yikes. He went to explore the ruins in the canyon to the southeast with Mary, who lost her footing and was never seen again. Double yikes. They should've listened to their parents :( then he revealed that they were actually horses. Huh...

I spoke to a girl named Harlow. She recommended sleeping in a soft bed before going to explore the snowfields.

A guy named Danton was asleep in bed. I spoke to him and he stood straight up on the bed with his head clipping through the top! Must be some kind of weird glitch. He muttered something about a sword that seals the darkness.

A lady named Juannelle said she was looking all over the place for a Stalhorse! Of all things! She asked me to help her find one and I obliged. She said there was a rumour that it can be found with Stalkoblins in the eastern part of North Tabantha Snowfield, near some strange ruins. Maybe this was Mary... Anyway, this came up as "Stalhorse: Pictured!" in the Side Quests.

On the wall I saw a recipe that used Hylian Rice, Rock Salt and a Sunshroom. I cooked up a dish called Spicy Mushroom Rice Balls.

I waited until morning to speak to Danton when he was awake. He advised to make some food to help withstand the extreme cold of the Hebra Mountains. My cold resistance was running out again so I warped right on out of there.

This stable was kind of a sad and lonely place :( the people there didn't seem happy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment